For a twist on the iconic fun in the sun and theme park attractions in Florida, pop into a winery for a tour. Some tours are free. Others require a fee.
Before venturing out, we recommend phoning first to be sure the tour is on that day.
- San Sebastian Winery, free tours and wine tastings, week days and weekends, reservations are not required, except for groups of at least 20. Winery is open Mondays to Saturdays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sundays 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tours are offered during the day to about 5 p.m. 157 King Street, St. Augustine 32084, 904-826-1594
- Schnebly Redland Winery, $8 weekends. Private tours by reservation. 30205 SW 217 Avenue, Homestead, 33030, 305-242-1224. Reservations for groups events@Schneblywinery.com
- Florida Orange Groves Winery, free tours, 1500 Pasadena Avenue South, St. Petersburg 800-338-7923
- Quantum Leap Winery Orlando, free tours by request when staff is available, 1312 Wilfred Drive, Orlando 32803, 407-730-3082 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strong Tower Vineyard & Winery, Spring Hill, free tours by request, 352-799-7612
- Whispering Oaks Winery, offers free tours weekends and by appointment for groups of at least 20 week days, 10934 N. County Road 475, Oxford 34484, 352-748-0449
- Aspirations Winery, free tours upon request. $25 tours and tastings by reservation Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Includes tastings and bottle. Clearwater, 727-799-9463
Other wineries & wine tastings
- Sons And Daughters Farm And Winery 5926 Fearnley Road
Lake Worth 33467, 561-213-7808
- Tangled Oaks, 1317 SR 100, Grandin 32138, 386-659-1707
- Florida Winery, 12945 Village Blvd., Madeira Beach 33708, 727-362-0008
- Dakotah Winery, 14365 N.W. Highway 19,
Chiefland 32626, 352-493-9309. The property includes a pond with koi fish and wood ducks.
- Florida Estates Winery Land O Lakes, educational tastings by request, fee, 813-996-2113