For a twist on the iconic fun in the sun and theme park attractions in Florida, pop into a winery for a tour. Some tours are free. Others require a fee.
Before venturing out, we recommend phoning first to be sure the tour is on for that day.
- San Sebastian Winery, free tours and wine tastings, week days and weekends, reservations are not required, except for groups of at least 20. Winery is open Mondays to Saturdays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sundays 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tours are offered during the day to about 5 p.m. 157 King Street, St. Augustine 32084, 904-826-1594
- Schnebly Redland Winery, $8 entry fee and $8 tours 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sundays. Weekday tour and tasting packages for at least 40 are offered at $19 with payment and reservation at least seven days before. 30205 SW 217 Avenue, Homestead, 33030, 305-242-1224. Reservations for groups events@Schneblywinery.com
- Florida Orange Groves Winery, tours, except for groups, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays to Saturdays and 12 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Sundays. Fees and reservations required for groups, 1500 Pasadena Avenue South, St. Petersburg 800-338-7923
- Quantum Leap Winery Orlando, free tours by request when staff is available, 1312 Wilfred Drive, Orlando 32803, 407-730-3082 or email@example.com
- Strong Tower Vineyard & Winery, Spring Hill, free tours by request 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesdays to Saturdays, 352-799-7612
- Whispering Oaks Winery, offers free tours weekends and by appointment for groups of at least 20 week days, 10934 N. County Road 475, Oxford 34484, 352-748-0449
- Florida Estates Winery Land O Lakes, educational tastings by request, fee, 813-996-2113
- Florida Winery, 12945 Village Blvd., Madeira Beach 33708, 727-362-0008