Festivals are plentiful in Florida, often offering opportunities for wallet-friendly family-friendly fun, dates and solo outings.
Many outdoor festivals in the Sunshine State are free, or relatively inexpensive.
Events include Pride festivals, Art festivals, Spring festivals & others.
- SummerJazz on the Gulf Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club, various dates
- August 3-5 Anime Festival Orlando , Wyndham Orlando Resort, $35 to $100
- August 10-August 12 Orlando Home & Garden Show
- August 11 Jacksonville Caribbean Carnival
- August 12 Daytona Arts & Crafts Show
- August. 17-19 Orlando Boat Show Orange County Convention Center, 9800 International Drive, Orlando 32819, free for kids 12 and younger, $8 for adults or $6 with early purchase discounts for adults
- August 24 to September 30 Orlando Magical Dining Month,
- Aug. 18-19 Florida Kids and Family Expo, Orange County Convention Center, 9400 Universal Blvd., Orlando 32819
- August 25-26 Mount Dora Seafood Festival, includes entertainment, food vendors and pirate fun, 100 N. Donnelly St., Mount Dora 32757, free entry
- August 29 Feast in The East 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Waterford Park, 12301 Lake Underhill Road, Orlando 32828, 407-277-5951, $20 entry
- September 1-23 Music festival in Northeast Florida offers free concerts
- Sept. 1-2 Downtown Venice Craft Festival, free
- Sept. 7-8 Rock the Universe, Christian Music Festival, Universal Orlando, tickets required
- Sept. 8-9 I Like it Hot ! Festival, Minnreg Hall, 6340 126th Ave. N., Largo, 727-423-8433, $5 entry. Free for 12 and younger. Free parking
- Sept. 8 Brazilian Beat in Boca Raton, 561-393-7807, free
- Sept. 8 Bruval Craft Beer Festival, Jacksonville Beach, free, tickets required for tasting area
- Sept. 8-9 Palm Harbor Craft Festival, free
- Sept. 14-16 Sebring Thunder, auto show in Sebring
- Sept. 15-16 Punta Gorda Sullivan Street Craft Festival, 331 Sullivan St., Punta Gorda
- Sept. 20-23 New Smyrna Beach Jazz Festival, nsbjazzfest.com
- Sept. 21-Sept. 30 Island Hopper Songwriter Fest, various venues in Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach and Captiva Island
- Sept. 21-22 Orlando Jazz Festival, $64.25 to $158.50
- Sept. 22-23 Downtown Delray Beach Craft Festival on Atlantic Avenue
- September 22 Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day. Request free tickets online for participating venues.
- October 6 & 27 Central Florida Oktoberfest, German American Society of Central Florida 381 Orange Lane, Casselberry. Presale tickets $10, or $15 at the door
- October 12-14 Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards BBQ and Blues Festival, 19239 US 27 North, Clermont 34715, 352-394-8627, $10 adults, free for 12 & younger
- October 13-14 Winter Park Autumn Art Festival 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Central Park in Downtown Winter Park, 251 S. Park Avenue, Winter Park 32789, free entry
- October 12-13 Oktoberfest, Downtown Avalon Park. 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Includes Alpine dancing, food trucks, kids’ activities, German music and beer garden. Free entry
- October 14 Community of One Gospel Festival, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Ferran Park in Eustis, Includes entertainment & vendors. Information online. Free entry
- October 18-25 Orlando Film Festival
- October 19 & 20 Oktoberfest in Celebration, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Includes music
- October 20 Fall Festival, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Celebration
- October 20-21 $5 for Brazilian Festival of Pompano Beach
- October 27-28 Craft Fair, Mount Dora, downtown Mount Dora, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., 352-217-8390, free
- October 27 Central Florida Veg Fest, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Orlando Festival Park, 2911 E. Robinson Street, Orlando 32803, 321-331-1859, free entry
- October 27 Central Florida Oktoberfest, German American Society of Central Florida 381 Orange Lane, Casselberry. Presale tickets $10, $15 at the door
- November 3-4 Sebring Art, Wine & Jazz Festival, free entry
- November 2-4 Harvest Festival & Fair, Sanford, 407-688-5000, free entry, tickets required for rides
- November 3-4 Fall Fiesta In The Park, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Lake Eola Park, art, entertainment, & food vendors, kids activities, free entry. 407-855-0606
- November 10 – 18 Festival of Trees, Orlando Museum of Art, 2416 North Mills Avenue, Orlando 32803, 407-896-4321, $5-$15 entry
- November 10 Orlando Beer Festival, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Orlando Festival Park, 2911 E. Robinson Street, Orlando 32803. For ages 21 & older. Pet Friendly. Tickets on sale. $24.49 – $72.28, including fees
- November 10 Great Day In The Country arts & crafts festival, Oviedo on the Park, 299 Center Lake Lane, Oviedo 32765, info online, free entry
- November 10 & 11 Mount Dora Plant & Garden Fair, Donnelly Park, 530 N. Donnelly St., 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. November 10 and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. November 11, 352-729-2170, Information online. free entry
- November 10 Longwood Chili Cook-Off 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., $5 Tasting tickets before the event, $7 at the event.
- November 16-17 Mount Dora Scottish Festival. Includes music, games and dancing. 7 p.m. concert November 16 at Sunset park. Includes Celtic Music & Irish Dancing. Highland Festival & Games 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. November 17 at Gilbert Park, 310 S. Tremain. Information online, free entry
- November 17-18 Longwood Fall Festival in Downtown Historic Longwood. Includes vendors, carnival rides, entertainment and food. Free entry. Fee for rides.
- November 24 Light Up Mount Dora, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Downtown Mount Dora, 352-735-7183, free
- November 30 Christmas in the Square Annual Tree Lighting in Sanford, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Magnolia Square on First Street. Includes entertainment, Santa, face painting, Information online. Free.
- November 30 Light Up Winter Garden
- November 30-December 1 Light Up Clermont