Festivals are plentiful in Florida, often offering opportunities for wallet-friendly family-friendly fun, dates and solo outings.
Many outdoor festivals in the Sunshine State are free, or relatively inexpensive.
Events include Pride festivals, Art festivals, Spring festivals & others.
- Highlands Bike Fest
- December 8 Winter Spark Parade & Festival, , 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. festival in Harbor Park, 4990 New Broad St., Orlando, 3 p.m. to 9 p.m., parade on New Broad Street, vendors and food trucks. monetary or toy donations in exchange for Photos with Santa
- December 15 10 a.m. 4 p.m. Snow Day, tons of snow at Sugar Sand Park, slide, food vendors, strolling performers, sock skating rink, activities. Intended for kids ages 5 to 10. Early fee for kids is $12. Regular fee for kids is $15. One adult free with paying youngsters. Others are $5. 561-347-3900
- December 22 Holiday Boat Parade 6:30 p.m. on the Intracoastal Waterway from Boca Raton-Delray Beach border south to Hillsboro Bridge, 561-367-7073, free
- Las Olas Art Fair is free event in Fort Lauderdale January 5 & 6
- January 25, 26 & 27 Orchid Show in Fort Lauderdale $12-$15
- January 26 & 27 South Florida Folk Festival $30-$65
- February 17 Dragon Parade & festival, parade from Lake Highland Drive and N. Mills Avenue, left at N. Thornton Avenue, south to N. Thornton Avenue and Colonial Drive, festival at 728 N. Thornton Ave., Orlando 32803
- February 24 Fort Lauderdale Pride Festival at Fort Lauderdale Beach Park
- March 30 Tampa Pride Festival & Parade