Floating festivities are popular in the Sunshine State, especially boat parades during the winter season in Florida when yachts and other watercraft are elaborately festooned with lights and decorations.
Boat parades include:
- December 1 Fort Myers Beach Boat Parade 6 p.m., includes Matanzas Harbor
- December 8 Sarasota Boat Parade 6 p.m. on Sarasota Bay
- December 8 Key Largo Boat Parade 7:30 p.m., mile marker 104
- December 8 Apollo Beach Lighted Boat Parade 6 p.m.
- December 8 Holiday Regatta of Lights in St. Augustine
- December 8 Boca Ciega Yacht Club Lighted Boat Parade
- Pompano Beach & Lighthouse Point Holiday Boat Parade 7 p.m. to about 10 p.m. December 14 on the Intracoastal Waterway, from Lake Santa Barbara north to Hillsboro Boulevard, 954-941-2940
- December 14 Boynton Beach/Delray Beach Holiday Boat Parade, 6:30 p.m., south on Intracoastal Waterway from Boynton Beach Inlet along Boynton Beach and Delray Beach, 561-600-9097 or 561-243-7250
- December 14 Treasure Island Lighted Boat Parade 6:20 p.m.
- Winterfest Boat Parade in Fort Lauderdale, 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. December 15, New River in Downtown Fort Lauderdale and Intracoastal Waterway north to Lake Santa Barbara in Pompano Beach
- December 15 Schooner Wharf Boat Parade in Key West 8 p.m., Key West Bight and Harbor
- December 22 Downtown Tampa Holiday Lighted Boat Parade 6 p.m.
- December 22 Punta Gorda Boat Parade 6 p.m.
- November 24 Jacksonville Light Boat Parade 6:30 p.m., St. Johns River