Entry is free to several botanical gardens attractions in Florida.
For some of these, donations may be accepted.
- Four Arts Gardens in Palm Beach, features various themed gardens and a sculpture garden, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. most days; 2 Four Arts Plaza, Palm Beach, 561-655-7227
- The Florida Botanical Gardens in Largo include varied garden themes and habitats, including tropical fruit garden, butterfly garden and native plants, 7 a.m. to sunset most days. Free entry. . A welcome center and gift shop are open most week days. 12520 Ulmerton Road, Largo, 727-582-2100
- Miami Beach Botanical Garden includes native Florida plants, flowering trees, a variety of palms, bromeliads, ponds, ylang ylang tree and Japanese garden. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays to Sundays. Free entry, 2000 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach, 305-673-7256
- Palma Sola Botanical Park, Bradenton, 10 acres with walking path, includes rare fruit section, kids playground, hibiscus garden, ponds, bromeliads, banana trees, plumeria, water plants; open most days; free entry; 9800 17th Avenue N.W., Bradenton, 941-761-2866
- Key West Garden Club at West Martello Tower, garden built within an historic fort 1100 Atlantic Blvd., Key West, 305-294-3210