Dozens of venues in Florida are participating in a national program that offers free entry to personnel on active duty in the U.S. armed forces and their families.
The Blue Star Museums program for military, which includes members of National Guard and Reserve, is offered to Labor Day.
The program is organized by the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families and the Department of Defense, and hundreds of museums.
Read the rules and find participating museums on the website.
Florida museums include
- Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum
- Boca Raton Museum of Art
- NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale
- Florida Museum of Natural History, Gainesville
- History of Diving Museum, Islamorada
- Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and Museum
- Key West Tropical Forest & Botanical Garden
- Foosaner Art Museum, Melbourne
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, Miami
- Art Deco Museum, Miami Beach
- Appleton Museum of Art, Ocala
- Orlando Museum of Art
- Museum of Florida History, Tallahassee,
- Tallahassee Museum
- Norton Museum of Art, West Palm Beach
- many others