In Florida, fun variations of the New Year’s Eve ball drop in New York’s Times Square include a shoe drop, a pineapple drop, an anchor drop and others.
The outdoor drops are usually free, and often include entertainment before or after, or both. Some events include early New Year’s Eve festivities for youngsters.
- Pineapple drop in Sarasota, includes entertainment, food vendors & fireworks, Main Street, downtown Sarasota 34236, information online
- Anchor drop in Fort Lauderdale, includes family-friendly street festival, live entertainment.
- Red shoe drop with female impersonator in Key West with free show on Duval Street @ 9 p.m.
- Pirate wench drop in Key West
- For guests @ Legoland Lego brick drop during kids’ festivities earlier in evening @ LEGOLAND in Winter Haven, includes fireworks, fee for event, information online
- Beach ball drop in Panama City Beach, with live music; early kid’s event at 8 p.m. includes 10,000 beach balls dropped from nets. Lighted Beach Ball Drop & Fireworks at midnight, information online