Plan a trip to visit your favorite national park this weekend with free entrance June 5-6 to the parks that usually charge an entrance fee.
This is the first of two fee-free weekends this summer. Admission also will be free to all national parks Aug. 14-15. Admission fees also will waived on Public Lands Day, which will be Sept. 25 this year, and Veterans Day, which is Nov. 11.
Here are the Florida National Parks participating:
- Canaveral National Seashore.
- Castillo de San Marcos National Monument.
- Dry Tortugas National Park.
- Everglades National Park.
- Gulf Islands National Seashore.
Don’t forget that some Florida national parks are always free.
National Park Service photo of Everglades National Park.